Welcome friends! Enjoy the micro-farming adventures of our family!

Friday, March 9, 2012

Coop and Chick update

Well the chicks are getting big and friendly.  The Buffs are much friendlier than the Ameraucaunas, but even they are getting less hand shy.  I started putting a bit of feed in my hand and that helped.  They are trying to fly a bit in the brooder too, which gets my son cackling.  The two little buffs will hop out of the brooder onto our arms or his lap without hesitation.

Here are some pics...Maggie on the roosting pole, Jill passing by, and then Georgia and Cynthiona inspecting the camera.

Maggie

Cynthiona

Georgia

Jill

AND... here is the status of the coop.  I came home from a day on the road inspecting cell tower sites and my husband had the coop completely sided and painted.  The trim is in progress of being painted and next he will build the door.  He is going to give me a porch/deck around like a little cottage/barn.  I have the best guy in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment